Common Questions about Unavailable Strengths
If you are experiencing side effects to your medication it may be a sign that the medication strength you are taking is not optimal for you.
While not all side effects are avoidable, many can be minimized. Experiencing significant side effects can indicate a need for a customized strength. This could be a strength less than the lowest commercially available strength or a strength in between two commercially available strengths.
1. The severity of your illness.
2. Are you on other medications that may increase (or decrease) the effect of the new medication?
3. Your genetic make-up. Is there a family history of poor tolerance to medications?
4. Your body characteristics, such as gender, proportions and age can influence how you process medications
5. The health of important organs like your liver and kidneys. Do you have pre-existing conditions that might inhibit or impair your ability of your liver or kidneys to clear medication from your body?